Know the Different Types of Apparel Labels
Author: Maggie Smith
Posted on: Apr 22, 2016
All the leading clothing lines have branding of their own. Do you know what is branding? How is it established? Well, branding is a process which creates a unique name for a particular product or service of a company in the minds of the customers through campaigns that is visible to all. One of the key elements in this process is the label. Apparel label is a miniature of the brand. And most importantly it fosters the brand name among the mass. These labels are of different types including Printed, Embroidered, Woven, Leather, Hang Tags and many more. You need to plan what you want and what will suit your garment. Once you get sorted with your requirement choosing the label for your garment becomes easy.
Let’s give you a proper picture of the different types of apparel labels that are available in the market.
- Woven labels – A woven label is a seamless piece of garment. It is durable and is generally of superior quality which is used by the majority of the companies. This gives a professional look to the products and adds value to the company. It is made of damask, semi-damask, satin and taffeta.
- Printed labels – It is a label where the information is printed directly onto the material of the label. It can be digitally or thermally printed on cotton or satin. There is also Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) clothing label that is transparent and feels like soft plastic on being touched. This kind of label is used widely by the swimwear industries. Printed label is not durable as compared to a custom woven label and fades easily. So, if you’re looking for long-lasting label choose a woven one.
- Embroidered labels – This label can be called a homemade label which is generally used by our grannies to create a small patch on a piece of clothing. Professionals don’t prefer this kind of label as it’s fragile and not up-to-the standards of the industries.
- Leather Labels – This is one of the most costly labels that are used by the industry. It is attached to the outside of the garment. It is made of real or synthetic leather and the logo is embossed on the leather. Sometimes, the logo is debossed for a 3D effect. If you want to create uniqueness in your brand then zero down on this label and make a mark in the industry. It is mainly used by the jeans and jackets and also by the leather bags companies.
- Hang Tags – A hang tag is flexible and can be given a shape of your choice. It acts as the best way to brand and advertise the product. It is printed with the brand name and also complimented with additional information.
Are you planning to open a clothing line soon? If yes, know the different types of labels and choose accordingly for your brand. Labels work wonder in creating a brand name in this competitive world. You should always have an exceptional element about your brand that will set you apart. Why not try with a label? Think about it.