Customers were left in the dark for a prolonged time when it comes to knowing about the garment labels. Most of us grumble about how harsh or irritating they are and we tend to remove them entirely from our clothing. There is a time when the clothing label tags can be more useful from a branding perspective and the customers can better comprehend them since brand awareness grows worldwide.
Presently, the clothing label makers include company logos, care instructions and fabric information considering the possibilities for garment labels in future.
Things You Need To Understand While Choosing Perfect Apparel Labels For Your Clothing
There are many aspects to take into consideration that are suitable for different cases.
Did You Select The Best Clothing Label You Want To Use?
The most widely used form of clothing label is listed below.
- Name Of Your Brand: To put it simply, it’s the major label that displays your brand. Usually, consumers are eager to scrutinize clothing labels and recognize the brand easily. Apparel labels should include a specification of quality requirements. If the apparel is a premium product, the label should convey a high level of excellence. In this situation, you must carefully select the materials and the design which will be displayed on them.
- The Size Labels: The apparel size label provides crucial information to the client regarding the measurements. Fabrication of various sizes is possible for these labels, or they could merge with the brand label.
- The Care Labels: Instructions for washing and ironing are present on these apparel labels. These labels are generally sewn inside the clothing’s sides. The apparel logos list the treatment specifications, fibre content, and origins of the product.
- The Flag Labels: These labels are the designer’s choice. They sew this clothing label into the seam on the outside of the garment.
Factors To Consider While Selecting Fabrics For Your Garment Labels
To select the perfect fabric for your garment label, you must first ask yourself a few things.
- Where to set the label on your apparel? For example, you’ll need a robust fabric if you intend to attach your label outside the clothing.
- Does the garment label come into direct contact with the skin? It is preferable to use certified materials in this situation.
- How intricate is your label’s design? High-density materials are vital for the depiction of small elements. If your design includes full-colour coverage, you should know that the ink will fade as the fabric lustres.
- What is your vision about the quality you want to impart to your consumers? You might go for fine clothing fabric or coated cotton for an edgy appearance.
- Are your apparel labels for regular use, and why not necessitate the use of pricey materials? You might choose basic white or black polyester.
- Is it possible to print your clothing label on both edges? At that time, always consider the transparency of the fabric.
What Are The Different Cut and Fold Methods For Fabric Clothing Labels?
- The Fuse Cut/Straight Cut Pattern: This cut is often used for the label when stitched into the garment. Sewing could be done from one edge, two opposing edges, or all four edges. Here, the stitching margin is nestled into the garment.
- The Trapezoid Cut Pattern: This style tailors the garment edges. The skew corners are stitched in from both sides. On the exterior of a garment, it is typically used as a flag label.
- The Diagonal Cut Pattern: This style cut is only for some specific designs.
What Are The Important Details To Include In Your Apparel Labels?
- All the fabric contents.
- Instructions for washing.
- The important care icons for cleaning, washing, drying, dry-cleaning & bleaching.
- The country/address of origin.